Thursday, April 26, 2007

kayaking trip -- and visit the Titanic exhibit too




Kayaking with Orcas has an added advantage this year -- the Titanic exhibit is at Victoria's Royal BC Museum.

We travel to Vancouver Island on our kayaking trip, so it's easy to make your way over to that end of the Island.

I visited the exhibit this past weekend, and was handed the pass as I entered. On the reverse was info on an actual passenger who boarded the ill-fated vessel. It wasn't until the end of the exhibit that I found out whether I survived or not. Given I was a third class passenger, I didn't have a lot of hope.

Great display. Starts off with artifacts and information on the building of the Titanic and how passengers of all classes traveled.

Things turned sinister as I walked further along. But we expect that, right?

I won't list any spoiling details, but sure seems fated to have happened given all the circumstances that came together.

And the best news of all was that even though I was in third class, I survived!

No comments: